Wednesday 26 October 2011

Hungry Like the Wolf

If only...

So this is my first post after procrastinating for so long. I'm new to blogging so excuse any rambling or any going off-topic that may come up in my posts. They're going to be sporadic (my entries that is) to say the least but I'm aiming for at least a few posts a week since I am planning to use this space to document my thoughts and my journey to recovery from an eating disorder. I know there are plenty of these things out there so I'm not going to claim mine will be any different or awesome in any way. I read as many supportive blogs as possible myself as it helps to feel less alone in the struggle and I guess I hope someone, anyone reading this might also find it a place they can go to to not feel like they're battling by themselves because ED thrives on that, solitude and loneliness.
In my first action towards recovery, I am no longer putting myself under the label or category of "vegan" because I realized that I was merely using it as an excuse to not eat out with others because of the scarcity of vegan-friendly restaurants in my area and in Canada in general. I am now back to lacto-ovo vegetarian and it's been difficult but I've cried my face off about it and I've thought it over and I know this was the right thing to do, plus I've got plenty of support from friends and my sister (my parents are another story since they never really understood my veganism in the first place...) so I'm in a good mindset.
One thing I noticed about many ED recovery blogs is there are often many pictures of meals and stuff like that. I'm hoping to post some of my meals as well as recipes just as a way to make food fun again and to really appreciate the nutrients its giving me therefore, hopefully, shifting the focus away from weight and having to gain and more to the fact that I'm getting my life back together. Because who doesn't enjoy food... I mean honestly?
Now if only my digestive system wasn't so retarded... but I guess I'll take things slowly. I've already increased from the pathetic amount I was on since my ... fourth(?) relapse so I'm feeling pretty good about myself for that. Here's hoping this continues and I'll be up to the amount I need to gain by the end of this weekend...

Yeah I'm feeling pretty good at the moment :B


No comments:

Post a Comment